Insects need our help.
«Without insects, humanity survives only a few months.»
Edward O. Wilson, insect researcher
Insects are vital for survival. We need your help! Read our tips and save valuable insects.
- Create insect habitats in your garden or on your balcony
- Pay attention to the INSECT RESPECT® quality mark on products
- Use live traps for insect control or products with compensation.
- Wear a sign of respect with our pin.
- Offer us a platform for the INSECT RESPECT® temporary exhibition
- Watch and share the short animated movie Little Giants with your community
- Follow INSECT RESPECT® on Instagram and Twitter
- Read all papers and publications written by Dr. Hans-Dietrich Reckhaus
- Take part in our events, such as the „Stunde der Insekten“.
Save by …
- Releasing stray insects in the house
- Attaching insect grids
- Buying regional, seasonal and organic food
- Reducing your meat consumption and consuming organic products
- committing yourself to nature in the region
- Driving less to reduce insect impact
- Letting light burn only when the windows are closed
- Using warm white LEDs as outdoor lighting
We will show you how to create habitat for insects in your garden or balcony.
Your roof in the company can support insects by the right greening.
Give your insects a home
Insects like it native, colorful, varied and species-rich in the garden, on the balcony and the terrace.
Offer insects …
- continuous food supplies from spring to autumn
- hiding places for winter
- native seed and planting material such as flower meadows, dry areas, wild perennial beds, herb beds, balcony, terrace and potted plants, greening of facades, flat roof greening, hedges made of deciduous trees
- small structures such as piles of wood, root pieces, stems, wood carving paths, stone heaps, dry stone walls, foliage heaps, biotopes
- nesting aids
- small drinking opportunities with approach points
- wild growth – rarely mow and if, then cut meadows staggered
- garden soil without peat
- plant fruit stands – leave them in autumn and winter
Become part of the insect community and learn more about insects. Discover our current events.
Hour of Insects
Monthly online seminar with tips from experts, new insights on insects and networking with committed people.
monthly | always 5 to 6 p.m.
Hour of Insects
The Hour of Insects with impulses and exchange about insects and to strengthen the lobby for insects will take place via Zoom with Youtube live stream.
Videos and information about the past seminars you can find in the event archive.
Day of Insects
At the Day of Insects, committed people from companies, research, NGOs, politics and the public network and make their activities visible.
The next conference in 2021 will focus on culture – in cooperation with the German Cultural Council and the Federal Government’s Centre of Excellence for Cultural and Creative Industries.
The date is expected to be announced here in early 2021.
21 October 2020 | 5 to 6 pm
Everything could be more insect-friendly
Conversation to launch the Day of Insects 2021, focus on culture
with Prof. Dr. Harald Welzer, sociologist
Visit our past events.