Insects need our help.
„Without insects, humanity survives only a few months.“
Edward O. Wilson, insect researcher
Insects are vital for survival. We need your help! Read our tips and save valuable insects.
- Create insect habitats in your garden or on your balcony.
- Pay attention to the INSECT RESPECT® quality mark on products.
- Use live traps for insect control or products with compensation.
- Use Insect Respect fact sheets about insects with valuable prevention tips (in German).
- Wear a sign of respect with our pin.
- Offer us a platform for the INSECT RESPECT® temporary exhibition.
- Watch and share the short animated film Little Giants with your community.
- Follow INSECT RESPECT® on Instagram and Twitter.
- Read all papers and publications written by Dr. Hans-Dietrich Reckhaus.
- Take part in our events, such as the „Stunde der Insekten“.
Save by …
- Releasing stray insects in the house
- Attaching insect grids
- Buying regional, seasonal and organic food
- Reducing your meat consumption and consuming organic products
- committing yourself to nature in the region
- Driving less to reduce insect impact
- Letting light burn only when the windows are closed
- Using warm white LEDs as outdoor lighting
Give your insects a home
Insects like it native, colorful, varied and species-rich in the garden, on the balcony and the terrace.
Offer insects …
- continuous food supplies from spring to autumn
- hiding places for winter
- native seed and planting material such as flower meadows, dry areas, wild perennial beds, herb beds, balcony, terrace and potted plants, greening of facades, flat roof greening, hedges made of deciduous trees
- small structures such as piles of wood, root pieces, stems, wood carving paths, stone heaps, dry stone walls, foliage heaps, biotopes
- nesting aids
- small drinking opportunities with approach points
- wild growth – rarely mow and if, then cut meadows staggered
- garden soil without peat
- plant fruit stands – leave them in autumn and winter
How to radically and consistently re-manage.
In retrospect, the transformation of the traditional company Reckhaus is hard to believe. Against all odds and doubters, Hans-Dietrich Reckhaus transforms his insecticide company into a company that saves insects. In „Let fly. How to radically and consistently re-manage“ the founder describes the story of radical change as a commitment to an ecologically sustainable future – starting with the smallest residents on the planet. The publication encourages people by proving that a single company can transform its entire industry and that environmentally friendly business is possible.
We will show you how to create habitat for insects in your garden or balcony.
Your roof in the company can support insects by the right greening.
Become part of the insect community and learn more about insects. Discover our current events.
Visit our past events. The Day of Insects (6 live events since 2017) and the Hour of Insects (15 online events since 2020) have been extensively documented with recordings, presentations, images and videos. The contributions of the top-class speakers contain extensive tips on how to promote insects.