Company space as a home for insects.
Return a part to nature and society with the greening of your business premises.
INSECT RESPECT® offers for landowners individual advice and conception, installation and care of insect paradises, as well as media support and documentation.
Insect surfaces on your roofs offer several advantages due to the increase in leaf and root mass.
- Compensation of exhaust gases
- Water retention – active contribution against
increasing flood events
- Species-rich green space ensures higher biodiversity
- Cost reduction through reduced mill
In the project„RITTER SPORT Helps!“, trainees from the chocolate manufacturer have created a green space as a biotope with habitats for various animal and plant species after consulting INSECT RESPECT®.
Together with INSECT RESPECT® Herrmann Kräuter is campaigning against insect death. Insect-friendly habitats have been created on five areas with a total of almost 9,000m².
15 companies from the ÖKOPROFIT-Klub OWL, which has been in existence since 2004, are now using their long-standing cooperation to protect our native insects.
seal of approval
on your products
The licensing of a product with the INSECT RESPECT® seal of approval is basically individual or product-specific. The award can be made to all products that protect people from insects or promote insects.
The following criteria are used to check:
- Does the product protect humans from insects by fighting or keeping animals remote? Does the product promote the stock of insects?
- Do the product and its award meet the legal requirements?
- Can the technology and formulation of the product be judged to be up-to-date and good in terms of efficacy, environmental compatibility and user safety?
- Is the product in line with the INSECT RESPECT® philosophy?
- Is the partner willing to promote less biocidal use and the value of insects?
- The partner must have demonstrated commitment to the environment and have anchored sustainability in its corporate philosophy.
- No insecticides
- No hazardous substances (without the symbol „dangerous to the environment“)
- Award without trivialization and inconcrete statements („nature“, „natural“)
- Complete compensation for damage caused by application (insect losses)
- Detailed instructions for use (e.g. for targeted, effective control)
- Useful information on prevention
For products that generate insect loss
- Calculation of the procedure according to scientific model (insect biomass per product)
- Calculation of compensation (required area in cm² for compensation)
- planned quantity
- Compensation costs
For products that keep or promote insects
- 1% of the selling price goes into full use for the construction of new insect habitats
if necessary, additional price for greening the product
- License fee for INSECT RESPECT®
- Assignment to existing compensating area or installation of a new compensating area in principle before the sale of the products
If all criteria are met and the process is implemented, the label is awarded. The INSECT RESPECT ® seal of approval applies to a product line without time limit as long as it meets the above points.
Examination by third parties
An independent audit firm checks the conformity of the compensation calculations for products with the INSECT RESPECT® compensation model.
The following brands are marked with the INSECT RESPECT® seal of approval.